World Refrigeration Day 2023: Engagement, Innovation and Sustainability in the Industry
Once again, INTARCON joins AFAR (Association of Andalusian Refrigeration Manufacturers), AFEC (Association of Air Conditioning Equipment Manufacturers) and AEFYT (Association of Refrigeration Companies and their Technologies) to commemorate the World Refrigeration Day on June 26th.
This year’s campaign, entitled “Next Generation Cooling“, focuses on the future of cooling technology, the industry and the people who work in it. In an increasingly warmer world, it is essential that we adapt and evolve to meet the challenges and seize the opportunities that arise in the industry. The refrigeration and air conditioning industry is moving to meet the growing demand for low-carbon solutions, thereby contributing to the fight against climate change.
Our commitment to sustainability is reflected in all our actions and business decisions. We strive to implement practices and measures that reduce the environmental impact of our activities and adopt a precautionary approach that benefits the environment and reduces our company’s carbon footprint. Some of the actions we have taken include:
- Energy efficiency: We design and manufacture highly energy efficient industrial air conditioning equipment. Our systems are designed to maximise performance and minimise energy consumption, resulting in a significant reduction in carbon emissions.
- Use of natural refrigerants: We work with technologies and refrigerants that meet the highest standards in terms of sustainability and environmental protection.
- R&D&I: We are constantly looking for new solutions and technologies that are more efficient and environmentally friendly.
- Collaboration with associations and organisations: We partner with AFAR, AFEC and AEFYT to promote sustainability in the refrigeration and air conditioning sector. We work together to establish standards and practices that reduce carbon emissions and improve energy efficiency in the industry.
- Education and awareness: Our commitment to education and awareness is reflected in our efforts to promote the importance of sustainable refrigeration among our employees and customers. In addition, we carry out training actions and establish partnerships with Professional Employment Centres, Universities and Vocational Training Centres, with the aim of empowering our customers, employees and future professionals to be prepared to face the challenges and adopt more efficient and environmentally friendly solutions.
At INTARCON, we are committed to leading the way to next-generation refrigeration. We believe that the future is in our hands and that, together, we can make a difference. We encourage the entire refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump industry to join us in celebrating World Refrigeration Day 2023 and to work together towards a more sustainable and environmentally friendly future.
KEYTER INTARCON GENAQ, in line with our commitment to these values, annually sponsors the Spanish edition of World Refrigeration Day, as well as the international promotion of World Refrigeration Day.