INTARCON has a wide range of HFC solutions in its product portfolio. The most suitable HFC refrigerant gases for commercial refrigeration in medium and high temperature applications are:
- R134a. Refrigerant with very good characteristics, with GWP = 1300, with no expiry date yet for the use of this refrigerant in commercial refrigeration.
- R513A. R513A. Direct substitute for R134a, but with a moderate GWP = 629 and a highl price.
For high, medium and low temperature applications, it is common to use:
- R452A. Direct substitute for R404A, but with a moderate GWP = 2139 and a high price.
- R449A. It has similar properties and is an almost direct substitute for R404A with a GWP one third lower than R404A (GWP = 1396), but its high discharge temperature when operating at low temperatures should be emphasised, which in most cases requires the installation of a liquid injection system to cool the gas.
- R404A. The most used refrigerant in the refrigeration sector for many years, but currently subject to severe restrictions due to the F-Gas regulation. From 2022, the use in centralised refrigeration systems above 40 kW is restricted.